- Core Concepts Buyer needs. Supply/demand needs. Cost Leadership. Differentiation. Focus. Stuck in the middle. Sustainability.
- The Value Chain Defining. Value acivities. Linkages. Vertical Linkages. The Buyer's Value Chain.
- Competitive Scope and the Value Chain Segment. verical. Geographical. Industy. Coalitions. Competitive Scope.
- Cost Advantage Defining the Value Chain. Costs Analysis. Assigning Costs and Assets. Cost Drivers. Purchased Inputs. Cost Dynamics. Cost Advantage. Relative Costs. Gaining Cost Advantage. Sustainability of Cost Advantage. Implementation. Pittfalls.
- Differentation Sources. Drivers. Costs. Buyers Value. Lowering Buyers Costs. Raising Buyers Performance. Buyers Perception. Buyers Value. Buyers Purchase Criteria. Differentiation Strategy. Pittfalls.
- Technology Competition. Strategy. Leadership or Followership. Forecasting. Evolution.
- Competitor Selection Strategic Benefits. Increasing Competition. Improving Industry Structure. Aiding Market Development, "Good" market leaders. Diagnosing Good Competitors. Influencing the Pattern of Competitors. The Optimal Market Configaration. Pitfalls.
- Segmentation and Competitive Advantage Basis. Segmentation matrix. Competitive strategy. Industry Segmentation.
- Substitution Economics of substitution. Changes. Competitive strategy.
- Interrelation Among Business Units Tangible. Intangible. Competitor.
- Horizontal Strategy The need. Interrelations and diversification. Pitfalls.
- Achieving Interrelationships Impediments. Organisational mechanisms. Managing horizontal Organisation.
- Complementary Products Control. Bundling. Cross subsidization.